Our services are provided to the greater Gulf Coast area, including the Golden Triangle, Central and South Texas. We also work occasionally with international clients, primarily in Puerto Rico and Mexico.
Alfred & Vásquez provides the following services:
Alfred & Vásquez takes an innovative and effective approach to the employees' return to work. Our firm can help an employer develop a Transitional Return to Work Program which focuses on injury prevention, early intervention, and prompt return of injured workers to the job site. Upon return the employ can, for a temporary period, perform useful tasks safely within their physical restrictions. The focus of the program is on real-life conditioning, safe work practices, education, job coaching, work adjustment and ergonomics.
After reviewing a company's existing return-to-work policies, and assessing the company's case history for patterns and risks, our team will implement an enhanced return-to-work program which may include:
- Assist in developing the company's return-to-work team
- Analyze job tasks and physical demands
- Develop a bank of alternative productive work assignments
- Establish loss prevention policies and activities
- Assess and recommend modification to workplace ergonomics and systems
- Establish a return-to-work decision making process
- Determine standards for appropriate case intervention
- Identify referrals to appropriate qualified service providers
- Train company managers, supervisors and staff
- Institute ongoing program evaluation and improvement
Vocational Rehabilitation services involve assessment of employability, identification of transferable skills, vocational testing and evaluation, counseling and exploration, rehabilitation plan for return to work, job seeking skills training, labor market analysis, job placement and job modifications. Our team can also provide ADA consultation and job descriptions, job analysis and recommended modification, job readiness training, career counseling, expert witness testimony, and Social Security claims management.
The delivery of cost effective health care is accomplished through developing, implementing, and monitoring a medical treatment plan. Coordination and clarification of medical services is provided through consultations with clients, physicians, claim adjusters, and attorneys. Our consultation is available to client cases involving various medical problems such as burns, spinal cord injury, back injury, mental disorders, amputees, and the geriatric population. Some of the services which can be provided are:
- Facilitation and coordination of medical care services
- Needs assessment
- On-site case management
- Arrangements for home care and monitoring
- Referrals to appropriate institutional care and monitoring
- Referrals to support groups and community services
- Coordination of durable mdedical equipment and pharmaceuticals
- SSDI/SSI assistance
- Case and bill auditing
Long term rehabilitation needs and costs are projected for persons who have experienced catastrophic injuries or who have chronic disabling conditions. Examples of cost projections include future routine medical care, therapeutic modalities, drug and supplies, durable and medical equipment, home or facility care, medical retrofitting, transportation, potential complications, and vocational and educational plans.